If you are like me, you’ve said the following phrase plenty of times in your life…
“In an Ideal Situation we’d ______.”
Fill in the blank with whatever is missing or sought after that you think would help make something better or more functional.
In an Ideal Situation…
- We’d have staff who were more motivated to pursue excellence on their own without being pushed.
- We’d have all the tools necessary to complete the task with ease.
- We’d have access to more resources (money, manpower, etc).
- There wouldn’t be adversity to face when trying to accomplish something good.
- Poverty wouldn’t exist.
- No child in my local area would go to bed hungry tonight.
But here’s the thing… we’re never going to create an “Ideal Situation” if we don’t pursue it. Merely recognizing the gap that exists is a great first step but if we stop there then we’re doing little more than observing the gap in our present reality.
Only when we lean into the gap and start to make proactive choices that move us towards our Ideal Situation do we turn observation into movement and change.
Our Ideal Situation doesn’t have to be some distant fairy tale, it can be reality but only if we choose to make it so. Don’t just observe it, pursue it and make it real. It may not happen overnight but eventually, with time and persistence it just might.