Watch the video below and the answer is pretty obvious. They ways in which we communicate and connect are increasingly changing, at a rapid pace. The stats are mind blowing.
This video was made by Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics: How social media transforms the way we live and do business.
Erik has 42 stats listed on his blog from the video. Here are just a few:
1. Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
2. 96% of them have joined a social network
3. Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
4. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
5. 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
6. Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years)…
7. Facebook added over 200 million users in less than a year
8. iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
9. “We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.”
10. If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest ahead of the United States and only behind China and India