Today marks the launch of SOUP: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture, a new book by international bestselling author Jon Gordon. Jon is a close friend, client and business partner. To celebrate the launch, I am going to give away 20 free copies of the hardcover book along with 20 free copies of an accompaniment ACTION PLAN to help you implement the strategies and principles from SOUP.
I’ll share more about the book below but first…
Here’s how you can join in for a chance to win:
1. Comment on this post. Your comment can be simply to say you’d like to win or you can feel free to share what characteristics you think are most important for building a culture of greatness within your own team and/or organization. Vision, optimism, trust, etc.
2. On Friday, May 28 (extending this until Tuesday, May 31 due to holiday weekend) at 5pm we’ll pick 20 winners, at random, from all who commented. We’ll then notify each winner via email and then gather their address for shipping.
Feel free to share this offer with others you know and invite them to join in as well.
Here’s a short link you can copy and paste to share in email, Twitter or Facebook:
Soup offers an inspirational business fable that explains the “recipe” you can use to create a winning culture and boost employee morale and team engagement. The story follows Nancy, the newly anointed CEO of America’s Favorite Soup Company. She has been brought in to reinvigorate the brand and bring success back to a company that has lost its flavor and profit and has fallen on hard times. Fatefully, while eating lunch at a local soup shop, Nancy discovers the key ingredients to unite, engage, and inspire her team and create a culture of greatness.
- Find out how culture drives behavior, behavior drives habits, and habits deliver results
- Create relationships that are the foundation upon which successful careers and winning teams are built
- Features quick takeaways you can use to invest in your people, build trust, create unity, and enhance engagement
A turnaround tale like few others, Soup will inspire you to work in your own company to unleash the passion that delivers superior results.
Learn more at www.Soup11.com
In addition to this free book offer here on my blog, Jon is offering a FREE ACTION PLAN + Access to an exclusive Group Coaching Session with purchase of the book this week. Details are on Jon’s newsletter here.
Praise for SOUP:
“So often we only concern ourselves with wins and losses. We overlook what is at the core of success and that is the ‘culture’ of the team that is created by the leader or leadership group. If you create a culture where all members of the team can thrive and do their jobs effectively, than the score will take care of it self. Jon gives you the recipe of how to create a culture of greatness for your team, organization or family.”
– Mike Smith, Head Coach, The Atlanta Falcons
“It’s often said you get out what you put in. Same goes for how we lead our teams (at work, home or school). In SOUP, Jon Gordon has done a masterful job of illustrating the necessity of this point for anyone who wishes to increase their influence, build a better team or expand their leadership effectiveness. The one who stirs the pot is the one who impacts the flavor of the soup just as the one who leads the team is the one who creates the culture around it. This book will help you add flavor to your life, the lives of others and your team.”
– Carl Liebert, CEO, 24 Hour Fitness
“If you are ready to stir the pot and lead your team with more optimism, passion, and trust, you will love this book.”
– Deborah Gilmore, President, Women’s Council of REALTORS®
“A lot of my job as a leader is to help others unleash their gifts and passions. Sometimes these gifts appear to be hidden beneath the surface but with a little heat and care, they bubble up to the surface. That’s what you’ll find in SOUP by Jon Gordon. Told in and entertaining parable form, SOUP will help you understand how to nurture the greatness in others so that you can become great as a team.”
– Mark Batterson, Lead Pastor of National Community Church and author of Primal
“There’s a common problem in business today. It’s a people problem… but maybe not in the way you would think. We spend so much time focusing on the bottom line that many fail to focus on the people who make the bottom line what it is. People matter and how we lead them matters. This is why I recommend Jon Gordon’s new book. It’s provides the recipe for mobilizing and engaging a team.”
– Chris Brogan, New York Times bestselling author of Social Media 101
“In a world where leaders are pulled in a million different directions Soup reminds us that we must make time to cultivate engaged relationships in order to build a winning organization and team.”
– Margaret Kelly, Chief Executive Officer, RE/MAX International, Inc.
“Jon Gordon continually finds unique and creative ways to reveal the essential components of an efficient organization and always does so with great depth and insight. Soup provides the key ingredients to establishing culture and is another example of how Gordon’s writing transcends common thought.”
– Sam Presti, Executive Vice President & General Manager, OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
“Once again, Jon cooks up a world-class recipe for business emphasizing that the key to ultimate leadership success is enabling your employees to deliver excellence.”
– Ryan Magnon, VP Quality, The West Paces Hotel Group
“Culture is the most powerful tool in a leader’s toolbox. Worth nothing on paper, but worth millions when people put their hearts and minds together to accomplish a common goal. Jon Gordon has got it right in his latest book…Soup. When leaders understand the importance of a great culture nothing can stop people from reaching their full potential.”
– Gary Chartrand, Executive Chairman, Acosta Inc.
(Book links above are Amazon affiliate links)